Charlotte Hornets: LaMelo Ball injury update: What happened after NBA star’s dramatic crash? Charlotte Hornets legend finally speaks | NBA News
For the first time since his Wednesday collision in Uptown Charlotte, where his Hummer lost a wheel and one of its occupants suffered minor injuries, LaMelo Ball spoke to the media. After the Hornets’ 105-101 loss to the Houston Rockets on Thursday night, the 24-year-old sat down in front of microphones. In a video that TMZ Sports was able to obtain, Ball was seen sitting in his disabled 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 before getting into a Lamborghini and being driven off. According to an eyewitness, the incident occurred approximately ten minutes later. No one has claimed that LaMelo departed the scene before being given permission.
LaMelo Ball keeps focus on basketball while briefly addressing recent Charlotte crash
Although the hooper wasn’t in the mood to talk about the incident, LaMelo Ball spoke to the media for the first time since his Wednesday mishap in Uptown Charlotte, which left his Hummer missing a wheel and a person with minor injuries. It was evident that he was attempting to keep the conversation focused solely on basketball.When asked about the crash, Ball said: “Unfortunately, just everybody. Cool. So just blessings… I’m just alive and blessed for him…” Once more, he chose to sidestep the topic when asked how the past 24 hours have gone from the wreck to playing basketball, he said:“God is great, like I said…” A reporter questioned why it seemed he left the site shortly after the collision, just before he got up to go. He then said:“As you saw during the post game press or after the first game since the crash.. So just blessings. God is great…”Later today, when the Hornets host the Cleveland Cavaliers, Ball and the team will try to recover.
LaMelo Ball returns to court after crash with steady performance despite Hornets loss
Melo won’t remember yesterday’s game, except from playing the day after the crash. In 31 minutes of action, the former No. 3 overall choice scored 11 points, pulled down seven rebounds, and dished out seven assists in a defeat.Charles Lee, meantime, was just as interested as everyone else when he learned that star point guard LaMelo Ball had been involved in a two-car collision in uptown.The Charlotte Hornets coach said:“The first thing when you hear about any type of accident is you hope all parties involved are OK, and they’re healthy and they’re safe… He was able to come in today, feeling good, ready to go.”Ball, who showed no signs of illness, came close to recording a triple-double during Thursday night’s Hornets’ 105-101 loss to the Houston Rockets at Spectrum Center. Ball played 31 minutes and finished with 11 points, seven rebounds, and seven assists despite his poor shooting performance.